West Lothian Council offer small Facilities Grants as part of the Sporting Grants which are awarded 1 Feb, 1 June, 1 October
Who can apply?
• Clubs which can demonstrate how the grant will develop sport through improving the quality and/or the capacity of the service provided, and will help the club progress with their strategic plans and those of West Lothian Council
• The club is based within West Lothian
• Priority will be given to clubs on the West Lothian Council Community Club Accreditation Scheme, whose sport is recognised by sportscotland
What can you apply for?
• Up to a maximum of £5,000 may be available for equipment hire or purchase for the development of new sections/events; improvements or additions to playing facilities; materials for use in building projects; updating equipment for health and safety reasons.
• Two formal quotes must be provided for applications regarding improvements or additions to playing facilities or for materials for use in building projects by a contractor or company.
• We cannot fund: ongoing overheads; any costs incurred putting together your application; any expenditure committed before we pay our grant; contingency costs; endownments; fundraising; items mainly benefitting individuals; loans or interest payments; political or religious activities; projects or activities that the state has a legal or statutory obligation to provide; registration and affiliation fees; routine repairs and maintenance; used vehicles; VAT
When can you apply?
• Applications must be submitted prior to 1 February, 1 June or 1 October. Retrospective applications will not be considered
Please complete the application here
There are a number of external Facilties Grants available for clubs and organisations to access the main facilities ones are detailed below.
sportscotland's main facility programme.
Funding for capital projects between £10'000 and £500'000
Invests Scottish Government and National Lottery funding exclusively into sports facilities.
Programme adminstered by Big Lottery with sports projects funded by sportscotland.
Funding for a variety of one-off costs.
Grant Awards between £500 and £10'000.